The SmartSoft World consists of several tools, structures, and implementations that are each packaged on their own. The SmartSoft World Installer is a script to set up a complete software development environment
The installer will setup a complete SmartSoft development environment including:
Please note: The installation/update of the SmartMDSD Toolchain has been temporarily deactivated in December 2018, since we are changing the method of installation. You can use the script on this page to install a development environment. To install the toolchain, please refer to the manual installation instructions of the SmartMDSD Toolchain in the meantime.
To download and launch the installer, issue the following commands in a terminal/command line:
- mkdir ~/SOFTWARE/
- cd ~/SOFTWARE/
- wget https://github.com/Servicerobotics-Ulm/UtilityRepository/raw/master/smartsoft-install-updatescript.sh
- bash smartsoft-install-updatescript.sh
A menu with several options will appear (see screenshot). To install the full development environment, keep the default values. Once the installation finished, you will need to logout/restart to refresh the environment variables.
See Tutorials to learn what to do next.
A simple way to test your installation is as follows. Type the following commands in a terminal:
- cd $SMART_ROOT_ACE # cd into installation directory
- ./startSmartSoftNamingService # start the naming service
- xterm -e bin/exampleComponent01 & # start a component in a terminal window
- xterm -e bin/exampleComponent02 & # start another component in another terminal window
It will launch two example components exchanging data: you will see messages in both terminals (see figure below). Type
CTRL+C to quit the components.
In case you are an expert and need full flexibility: to install all tools and dependencies on your own, please refer to Downloads & Resources and the according documentation. Manual installation is not recommended.